A CASE OF BURGLARY IN THE RESIDENCE OF DEPUTY SENATE PRESIDENT, SENATOR IKE EKWEREMADU AND PARADE OF TWENTY (20) VICIOUS AND NOTORIOUS KIDNAPPING, ARMED ROBBERY, CATTLE RUSTLING, FORGERY AND BANK FRAUD SYNDICATES
In reply please quote
Date: 6th November, 2018
The Director of News
A CASE OF BURGLARY IN THE RESIDENCE OF DEPUTY SENATE PRESIDENT, SENATOR IKE EKWEREMADU AND PARADE OF TWENTY (20) VICIOUS AND NOTORIOUS KIDNAPPING, ARMED ROBBERY, CATTLE RUSTLING, FORGERY AND BANK FRAUD SYNDICATES TERRORIZING FCT, KADUNA, NIGER AND KATSINA STATES BY THE FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER, Ag. DCP JIMOH MOSHOOD AT THE FORCE HEADQUARTERS, ABUJA. 6th NOVEMBER, 2018.
CASE 1. A CASE OF BURGLARY IN THE RESIDENCE OF DEPUTY SENATE PRESIDENT, SENATOR IKE EKWEREMADU
i. Mohammed Yusuf (of no fixed address) but a native of Kauranamuda, Zamfara State (Arrested and in Police custody)
ii. One Ali (other name unknown) at large and wanted by the Police
The residence of Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu on No 2, Jim Nwobodo Street, APO Legislative Quarters was broken into by Mohammed Yusuf of Kauranamuda, Zamfara State, who was arrested at the scene and now in Police custody along with one Ali (other name unknown) who escaped from the scene at about 0430hrs of today, 6th November, 2018.
2. The Police has commenced investigation into the crime and the principal suspect Mohammed Yusuf of Kauranamuda have volunteered confessional statement after interrogation admitting to the crime and mentioned one Ali (other name unknown) now at large, who escaped from the scene to have carried out the crime along with him. Exhibits recovered from them includes (i) Motor Jack (ii) Big Screw Driver (iii) A big Rod (iv) A small kitchen knife and other house breaking implements.
3. Preliminary investigation carried out so far did not reveal assassination attempt on the life of the Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu and his family but a case of Burglary. However, investigation is still ongoing to determine if there is any other motive behind the offence.The same suspects had earlier at about 0300Hrs broken into the residence of one Mr. Haliru Adamu of No. 38 Denis Osadebey Crescent, APO Legislative quarters where they stole phones, jewelleries and other valuables before proceeding to the residence of the Deputy Senate President. The Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu and Mr. Haliru Adamu have made statements to the Police about the two (2) incidents.
4. There was no delay in Police intervention in the incident that occurred in the residence of the Deputy Senate President. Four (4) Police personnel and One (1) personnel of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps on duty at the residence of the Deputy Senate President at the time of the incidence have been arrested and currently in detention for investigation for negligent acts and dereliction of duty.
5. Investigation into the two (2) cases are ongoing and the outcome is going to be made public and suspects will be prosecuted.
CASE 2: ARREST OF THREE (3) SUSPECTS FOR KIDNAPPING, ARMED ROBBERY AND CRIMINAL CONSPIRACY RESPONSIBLE FOR SEVERAL ARMED ROBBERY AND KIDNAP FOR RANSOM IN FASKARI/DANDUME AREA OF KATSINA STATE.
i. Abubakar Tukur Jano‘m’ 32Yrs – Gang Leader
ii. Lalbe Ibrahim ‘m’ 22Yrs
iii. Lawal Wada ‘m’ 26Yrs
iv. LabaranIliyasu ‘m’ 41Yrs
v. Haruna Idris ‘m’ 45Yrs
vi. Lawal Zubairu‘m’ 37Yrs
vii. Abdulkadir Iliya‘m’ 40Yrs
viii. Iliyasu Ibrahim ‘m’ 25Yrs
i. One (1) AK47 Rifle
ii. One (1) Locally Made Revolver Gun
Consequent on complaints and reported cases of armed robbery and kidnapping recently in Faskari/Dandume area of Katsina State, the IGP Special Strike Force on violent crimes working on actionable intelligence, trailed the above-mentioned suspects to their hideout in Faskari forest in Katsina, Katsina State and arrested them in the criminal acts of kidnapping/armed robbery after exchange of gun fire between the Police Team and this vicious and notorious criminal syndicate.
One (1) Locally Made revolver gun and 7.62mm ammunition were recovered from their possession.
The suspects have confessed and admitted to be responsible for the recent cases of kidnapping and armed robbery in Faskari/Dandume area of Katsina State and environs.
CASE 3: ARREST OF TWO (2) SUSPECTS FOR ARMED ROBBERY AND CRIMINAL CONSPIRACY TERRORIZING INNOCENT RESIDENTS, ROAD USERS AND TRAVELLERS IN DANMUSA AREA OF KATSINA STATE.
i. Sada Bala a.k.a Na Iraq ‘m’ 35Yrs
ii. Usman Suleiman a.k.a Mashoda ‘m’ 30Yrs
i. Two (2) AK47 Rifles
The IGP Special Strike Force on violent crimes in Katsina, Katsina State in a covert operation stormed the den of suspected kidnappers in Danmusa area of Katsina, Katsina State and arrested the above mentioned vicious and notorious armed robbery/kidnapping suspects that have been on the watch list of the Police for some time now for several kidnapping and armed robbery in the area. Two (2) AK47 rifles were recovered from them possession and three (3) victims were rescued from their captivity. They have confessed and admitted to be members of an armed robbery/kidnapping syndicate terrorizing Danmusa area of Katsina.
CASE 4: ARREST OF TWO (2) SUSPECTS FOR ARMED ROBBERY AND CATTLE RUSTLING
i. Sani Isa ‘m’ 38Yrs – Gang Leader
ii. Leko Lawal ‘m’ 33Yrs
i. Forty (40) Cattle
On the 28th October, 2018, the operatives of the IGP Special Strike Force on violent crimes in Katsina, Katsina State on a tip-off that Sani Isa ‘m’ 38Yrs is a gang leader of a cattle rustling gang, swung into action, trailed and arrested him at Tafoki Village in Faskari LGA of Katsina State. During the operation, Leko Lawal ‘m’ 33yrs was also arrested with the principal suspect, Sani Isa also confessed to be a member of the cattle rustling gang.
Further investigation of the suspects led to the recovery of Forty (40) cattle hidden in a Forest in Tafoki Village by the two arrested suspects. The cattle have been handed over to their owners after identification and proof of ownership.
The suspects will be charged to court on completion of investigation.
CASE 5: ARREST OF FIVE (5) SUSPECTS FOR ARMED ROBBERY/KIDNAPPING, UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF PROHIBITED FIREARMS AND CRIMINAL CONSPIRACY.
i. Saidu Abdullahi ‘m’ 26Yrs – Gang Leader
ii. Haruna Murne ‘m’ 27Yrs
iii. Usman Abdullahi ‘m’ 36Yrs
iv. Dahiru Ibrahim ‘m’ 25Yrs
v. Jamila Aliyu ‘f’ 23Yrs
i. One (1) AK49 Rifle
ii. One (1) Unregistered Motorcycle
The above-mentioned suspects Saidu Abdullahi, Haruna Murne, Usman Abdullahi were arrested during Police raid on suspected criminal hideouts in RuwanGodiya in Faskari LGA of Katsina State and recovered from their possession, one (1) AK49 Rifle. The suspects admitted to the Police investigation team that the AK49 rifle was smuggled into the country from Libya. They also confessed to have carried out several armed robbery and kidnapping of innocent victims for ransom in Katsina State and its environs.
ii. Dahiru Ibrahim and Jamila Aliyu were arrested in possession of an unregistered motorcycle in Funtua area of Katsina State.During investigation, they confessed to have snatched the motorcycle at gun point in Kantagora area of Niger State. Investigation into the matter is being intensified to arrest other suspects at large.
CASE 6: ARREST OF THREE (3) SUSPECTS FOR CRIMINAL CONSPIRACY, FORGERY AND BANK FRAUD.
i. Omokewu Jamiu Topson ‘m’ 26Yrs
ii. Mbah Chiakasemob ‘m’ 30Yrs
iii. Osuji Stephen ‘m’ 42Yrs
i. Four (4) Bank Cheque leaves
On 12th September, 2018, the operatives of the IGP Special Strike Force on violent crimes responded to a distress call from the Chief Security Officer (CSO) of a first-generation bank. On arrival at the bank, one Omokewu Jamiu Topson ‘m’ 26yrs of New Life Junction, Dutse Abuja was reported to be in possession of suspected forged cheque book of the Bank in the name of a customer of the same Bank.
2. Further investigation revealed that the suspect Omokewu Jamiu Topson belongs to a criminal syndicate who specializes in forging and withdrawing money using forged customers’ cheque. He admitted and confessed to the crime. In his confessional statement to the Police team, the principal suspect Omokewu Jamiu Topson implicated Mbah Chiakasiemobi and Osuji Stephen (now in Police custody), to be members of the syndicate. They have all confessed to their various criminal roles in the use of forged customer cheque to defraud Bankson several occasions.
Investigations into all the cases are being concluded and all suspects will be arraigned in court on completion of investigation.
Ag. DCP JIMOH MOSHOOD
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER